Monday, April 6, 2020

Hiring FAQ: Can you explain your employment gap?

Back in 1998 up to the year 2000 for almost two years that I have no work. But during this time I created a work for myself as I withdraw my last money through my bank account to buy an oven and other materials that are going to use for making "pandesal" (salted bread). I posted a sign outside the gate of our house that we're selling pandesal with the talent that was shared by my mom's churchmate who's willing to teach me baking. From there on it was the birth of Pandeli. What I have learned from that experience in order to survive, I need to be open to acquire new skills, setting aside shame and self-pity, and all I need is to be strong, courageous and be confident in the new skill I've acquired.

Don't be shy to discuss the information on the gap that you have lost from employment, but instead tell the truth, honestly, sincerely to the interviewer of what happened and what kind of learning that you have learned during the period of the gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome Ondago Davao Shoppers Team

Welcome to Ondago Delivery System! Please visit this site read FAQ , Duties and Responsibilities of Shopper If you have any questions please...